Wednesday 21 September 2011

NYFW: my pick

3.1 Phillip Lim

Rarely do I get as excited about a collection as I have with Phillip Lim SS12. It's simplistic, chic, pastel perfection and all I want to be wearing next summer (if I can wait that long)! I love how Lim's palette of pastels is punctuated by bold black pieces and the occasional pop of bright colour in the accessories. The collection reminds me of those sherbert flying saucers I used to eat as a kid with a different colour on the front and back. The grown up version.


Band of Outsiders

Whilst there's nothing ground-breaking or unique about Scott Sternberg's collection, I like the overall aesthetic and I'd wear most of it in a heartbeat. Monochrome is always appealing to me because of the simplicity, and because a lot of the collection is made up of separates, mixing and matching is made all that much easier.


Rodarte


A mixture of The King and I costumes and Van Gough paintings shouldn't really work. Yet Rodarte's SS12 collection seems to combine the two ideas to beautiful effect. I adore love with the topaz blue that featured throughout and the rusty gold it was paired with. And don't get me started on the crossover tops with those shoulders- fabulous!






No comments:

Post a Comment

wi